Thursday, February 17, 2005

Time to get loose.....

I was down in my studio this afternoon, trying to finish a painting I've been
working on. It pisses me off that after this long I still fall into those old
patterns that stunt my growth as an artist- paintings become tight and more paint comes off than is going on. I've worked hard to try and avoid those nasty habits,
you know the ones, like staying in the lines- the worst ! I suppose it's like anything thing else that plagues you, you've gotta keep fighting it. The mind finds
that comfortable spot and easily returns to it. I figure it's happening more so now
because my mind is on auto pilot, thinking about my friend Sandy who passed recently.
It does feel good to back down there painting again in my own little space. I think I just need to start something new and totally different.... We'll see what comes out, lol. I try blaming my failures on dried up paint tubes or my bent brushes I forgot to store properly, but no it's just my state of mind. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...